Good Afternoon Geographers and Sustainers – Kate Lenzer (who many of you know from the Career Mingle) is looking for a GIS intern with her organization, The National Trust for Historic Preservation. Full details online at https://nthp.hrmdirect.com/employment/job-opening.php?req=2388729&&#job.

I’m assuming the application will include some form of cover letter. I highly recommend you look over the Duties section of the job description and tailor your cover letter to cite specific examples of how you meet those skills. Kate will certainly look you up on LinkedIn as well, so if you haven’t updated your profile recently, now would be the time. Be sure to include write ups about recent projects you’ve worked on with links to anything public facing you can share.

From Kate: Hi Mike!  Just got word the GIS Internship got funded, so please feel free to share it anywhere you'd like.  The HR folks don't like to attach a deadline, but we'll be reviewing applications until March 17 with the goal of making a selection by March 31. Students with an interest at the intersection of preservation/history/cultural heritage and GIS will be the strongest candidates.  https://nthp.hrmdirect.com/employment/job-opening.php?req=2388729&&#job

Michael Camponovo

GIS Outreach Coordinator

Geography Department