Good morning,

We have received a few questions about the response rate for communications sent through third-party services like Emma, Mailchimp, and Contant Contact. Some of you may have noticed unusually high open and click-through rates.

OIT recently evaluated a product to improve the filtering of malicious emails (phishing, malware, etc.). This product opened and clicked on links to verify that the messages were not malicious. Unfortunately, this activity had an unintended consequence that affected the open and click-through rates, up to 200% in some cases.

We discontinued the evaluation earlier this week and apologize for the confusion.

Thanks,

Rose

http://images.utk.edu/images/interface/ut-emailsignature.gif

Rose Parker
Assistant Director

The University of Tennessee, Knoxville
Office of Information Technology, Support Organization

OIT SUPPORT

Course Delivery • Desktop Support • HelpDesk • Instructional Support • Research Support

Stay informed. Sign up for weekly technology updates or monthly researcher and instructor-focused news.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= To view the CAMPCOMM archives or Join/Leave the list: http://listserv.utk.edu/archives/campcomm.html