Good morning!

I received this from the TN Department of Economic and Community Development this morning, and I thought I would share.  Please note, I found that this site worked better if instead of putting in your address on the main screen that you clicked Location and submitted your address from there.  You can look up residential or business addresses (or libraries!). As an example, here is what came up when I looked up Falling Water Regional Library in Cookeville:

Full information is below.  Feel free to take part, or have available for your patrons for them to take part.  Please note the deadline to submit any challenges that there may be based on either addresses or services is January 13th.

Jennifer

The Federal Communications Commission’s Broadband Fabric and Availability Map will determine our state’s allocation for the Broadband Equity Access and Deployment Program from the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law. Our allocation will be based off the number of unserved TN households and high cost areas from the FCC maps.

The easiest way for stakeholders to be involved is by looking at the maps and verifying their information. They can follow the instructions outlined below and reach out to our office if they need assistance ([log in to unmask]). Though we are not the administrators of the map, we can help filter questions or troubleshoot should they have questions. We are asking Tennesseans to complete any challenges on their addresses by January 13. I’ve included the fact sheet in this email as well with some additional info on the process.

How to Find Your Address and Challenge a Missing Address:

  1. Visit  https://broadbandmap.fcc.gov/home.
  2. Type your address into the search bar.
  3. On the right side of the screen, a panel will appear showing what the FCC has for your location and service information.
  4. If your address is not on the map, select the area in which your address should be, click “challenge location,” and follow the prompts to submit a location challenge. You will receive a confirmation email once your challenge has been received by the FCC.

How to Submit an Availability Challenge to the FCC:

  1. Once you’ve found your address on the map, view the service information on the right side panel.
  2. If the information is incorrect, select “availability challenge.”
  3. You can then select the providers you would like to challenge.
  4. Follow the prompts to complete the challenge.

Jennifer Cowan-Henderson

Director of Planning and Development

Tennessee State Library and Archives

Office of Tennessee Secretary of State Tre Hargett

1001 Rep. John Lewis Way North

Nashville, TN 37219

p 615-741-1923

f 615-532-9904

This electronic mail may be subject to the Tennessee Public Records Act, Tenn. Code Ann. §10-7-503 et seq.  Any reply to this email may also be subject to this act.

The mission of the Office of the Secretary of State is to exceed the expectations of our customers, the taxpayers, by operating at the highest levels of accuracy, cost-effectiveness, and accountability in a customer-centered environment.

Secretary of State Social Media Links:

www.facebook.com/TennesseeSecretaryofState

www.facebook.com/TNStateLibraryArchives/timeline