Dear library readers and writers:

Tennessee Libraries, the Tennessee Library Association's professional publication, seeks your engagement and words in 2023.

We read various genres, including scholarly peer-reviewed studies, opinions, letters to the editor, book reviews, essays, reports, and more. The editors would be excited to work with you on a proposal for an article or column or read something you’ve already polished.

We are also looking for peer-reviewers willing to blindly read scholarly articles and provide feedback.

Working with Tennessee Libraries is a low-stakes opportunity to publish professionally and serve as a peer-reviewer, especially for those seeking tenure and/or promotion.

Publication timeline:

Length requirements:

Am I required to live in Tennessee or be a librarian in Tennessee?

What do Tennessee Librarians care about?

Can you be more specific?

Read more about Tennessee Libraries!

Submit to Tennessee Libraries!

Apply to be a Peer Reviewer!

Ashley Roach-Freiman
Editor, Tennessee Libraries

Library Instruction Curriculum Coordinator
Research and Information Services
Ned McWherter Library
University of Memphis
901.678.8213