Dear library readers and writers:

Tennessee Libraries, the Tennessee Library Association's professional publication, seeks your engagement and words in 2023.

We read various genres, including scholarly peer-reviewed studies, opinions, letters to the editor, book reviews, essays, reports, and more. The editors would be excited to work with you on a proposal for an article or column or read something you’ve already polished.

We are also looking for peer-reviewers willing to blindly read scholarly articles and provide feedback.

Working with Tennessee Libraries is a low-stakes opportunity to publish professionally and serve as a peer-reviewer, especially for those seeking tenure and/or promotion.

Publication timeline:

  *   March issue: submit peer-reviewed articles by February 1, all other articles by February 28

  *   June issue: submit peer-reviewed articles by May 1, all other articles by May 31

  *   September issue: submit peer-reviewed articles by August 1, all other articles by August 31

  *   December issue: submit peer-reviewed articles by November 1, all other articles by November 30

Length requirements:

  *   None!

Am I required to live in Tennessee or be a librarian in Tennessee?

  *   Nope! But we do want articles to be relevant to librarians in Tennessee.

What do Tennessee Librarians care about?

  *   Everything!

Can you be more specific?

  *   Ok, it should be about or intersect with ideas of libraries, librarians, information, reading, etc.

  *   Personal testimony, case studies, themed literature reviews and annotated bibliographies, interviews, recommended resources, how-to guides, opinions, photo essays, guest columns, regular columns, etc.

Read more about Tennessee Libraries!<https://www.tnla.org/page/17>

Submit to Tennessee Libraries!<https://www.tnla.org/page/33>

Apply to be a Peer Reviewer!<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd2NKosxiG0z_BaH0d2bWqjbEyZPRLx_Q0vSlKIXYtAgVqilQ/viewform?usp=sf_link>

Ashley Roach-Freiman
Editor, Tennessee Libraries

Library Instruction Curriculum Coordinator
Research and Information Services
Ned McWherter Library
University of Memphis
901.678.8213