Hi all,

We are less than a week away from Tenn-Share Showcase, Tenn-Share's free virtual conference which will be October 25th-27th, 12-4pm CT / 1-5pm ET.

We have three great half days of content planned, with presentations from all library types, info sessions from our vendor partners, and roundtable discussions where you can chat with your colleagues about important topics.

Our keynote speaker, ALA President Lessa Kanani’opua Pelayo-Lozada, will discuss the record numbers of book challenges that ALA’s Office for Intellectual Freedom has tracked. Many of the challenges involve stories with characters or themes about race, gender identity, and sexuality. She will detail how ALA is supporting library workers experiencing these challenges in their own libraries, and share tools for all supporters of the freedom to read to fight against book challenges from the Unite Against Book Bans campaign. There will be plenty of time for discussion at this session also!

If you haven't already, you can register here. Since this is a Zoom conference, please feel free to pop in as you are able! We are going to do our best to record sessions and send those out to registrants after the event (barring technical difficulties).

Holler if you have any questions, and I look forward to seeing so many of you next week!

Ari Baker
Executive Director
Tenn-Share, A Tennessee Library Consortium
615-669-8670
Pronouns: they, them, theirs
P.O. Box 691  Alcoa, TN 37701

Leading innovation, sparking creative ideas that transform Tennessee libraries.