Hi -
I'm happy to announce that TEL has recently completed it's Research Database Request for Proposals -- Gale will continue to be TEL's research database provider. TEL follows Tennessee's procurement bid<https://www.tn.gov/content/tn/generalservices/procurement/central-procurement-office--cpo-/supplier-information/request-for-proposals--rfp--opportunities1.html> process in selecting vendors. TEL will continue to provide access to the current suite of Gale databases plus two new databases. Gale Ebooks and Gale K12 Ebooks will have additional titles added yearly - don't forget to fill out the ebook survey!

Starting November 1, the two new databases that will be added to TEL are:

  *   Gale in Context: Environmental Studies<https://www.gale.com/c/in-context-environmental-studies> - This database will complement the other Gale in Context databases. It includes case studies and offers over 400 topic pages about today's environmental issues. This will be great for AP classes! Recommended for High School, College, Adult/Research
  *   Contemporary Women's Issues<https://www.gale.com/c/onefile-contemporary-womens-issues> - This database provides comprehensive coverage of issues that influence women's lives across the globe. Recommended for High School, College, Adult/Research

As we get closer to November 1st, I'll provide icons, descriptions and update the TEL Link Generator<https://tntel.info/resource/tel-link-generator-library-staff#:~:text=Use%20the%20TEL%20Link%20Generator,entering%20a%20username%20or%20password.>.  Once we go live, I'll send out links to upcoming webinars about the new resources.

Happy Friday!
Andrea

Andrea Zielke
TEL Administrator
Tennessee Electronic Library<https://www.tntel.info/>
Tennessee State Library and Archives
Office of Tennessee Secretary of State Tre Hargett
1001 Rep. John Lewis Way North
Nashville, TN 37219
p 615-532-4627
f 615-532-9904

This electronic mail may be subject to the Tennessee Public Records Act, Tenn. Code Ann. §10-7-503 et seq.  Any reply to this email may also be subject to this act.

The mission of the Office of the Secretary of State is to exceed the expectations of our customers, the taxpayers, by operating at the highest levels of accuracy, cost-effectiveness, and accountability in a customer-centered environment.

Secretary of State Social Media Links:
www.facebook.com/TennesseeSecretaryofState<http://www.facebook.com/TennesseeSecretaryofState>
www.facebook.com/TNStateLibraryArchives/timeline<http://www.facebook.com/TNStateLibraryArchives/timeline>