Dear students in Geography and Sustainability,

The McClung Museum of Natural History and Culture is offering nine internships this Spring that I would have been nuts for when I was an undergrad!
See web page here:

https://mcclungmuseum.utk.edu/learn/university/for-students/
And details, which sold me on the experience, here: https://mcclungmuseum.utk.edu/wp-content/uploads/sites/78/2022/09/McClung-Internship-Program-2023.pdf
The McClung Internship Program is set up in such a way that you will apply to earn 3 credits in the Internship course (Geography 490)  in our department.  The work expectation is 12 hours/week for the term.

Some of the internships are research-related, and others are related to other museum functions.

Remember that if you are specifically interested in research experience, you may be able to participate in Geography 494: Undergraduate Research Experience, in our department.  Ask faculty members whose areas of interest overlap with yours if they have a project that could use your help!  Unsure about faculty areas of interest?  Click on this page and scroll to the individual faculty photos, and see descriptions underneath: https://geography.utk.edu/about-us/faculty/

Sincerely,

Sally Horn

Sally P. Horn, Professor
Department of Geography & Sustainability
304 Burchfiel Geography Building
1000 Phillip Fulmer Way
The University of Tennessee
Knoxville, TN 37996-0925  U.S.A.