Good morning  –

TEL provides lots of training options to keep current. Definitely check out the new TEL Academy! If you are already an TEL-expert, keep current with these webinars. If you are a school librarian and need confirmation of your attendance, just let me know and I can have the trainers provide training verification.

HeritageQuest icon

5 Tips for Finding Family History with HeritageQuest Online  (This one is a great one for your patrons too!)

Wednesday, October 5, 2022 10:00am - 10:30am CT/11:00am – 11:30am ET

Come explore HeritageQuest® Online a comprehensive treasury of American genealogical sources—rich in unique primary sources, local and family histories, and finding aids. In this session, you will learn how to use HeritageQuest Online to:

This is an introductory course. It is recommended that you visit HeritageQuest Online Libguide for additional resources.

Register Here

Discover Gale Pages

October 13, 2022, 1:00 PM - 1:45 PM (CT)/2:00 PM - 2:45 PM (ET)

Gale Pages is a free customizable website for you to organize your library’s online resources. Website managers and editors can access the Gale Pages Studio, allowing them to change the layout, images, and branding of the page, allowing end users to easily find and access the resources they need. Join this session to explore how you can utilize the Gale Pages Studio to build an effective starting point for your users.

Register Here

Sneak Peek: All New Gale Business: Insights

October 19, 2022, Noon - 12:45 PM (CT)/1:00 PM - 1:45 PM (ET)

Preview coming upgrades to Business: Insights, the resource for comparing economies, countries, industries, and companies the world over. Academic Engagement Director, Sara Tarpley, will showcase the features that make Business: Insights the new go-to site for business students at all levels.

Register Here

Explore Gale Business: Insights

October 27, 2022, 1:00 PM - 1:45 PM (CT)/2:00 PM - 2:45 PM (ET)

Gale Business: Insights provides users with detailed financial, historical, and current event information on over 400,000 companies, industries, and countries. Users can easily find Plunkett Reports, SWOT analyses, case studies, comparison charts, scholarly journals, and more. Join this session to explore the content, tools, and workflows in this valuable resource.

Register Here

Getting Started with Transparent Language Online

Tuesday, October 11, 2022: 9-10am (US) CDT /10-11am (US) EDT

Just getting started with Transparent Language Online, or training someone new? In this webinar, we will cover a basic introduction (or refresher!) to the Transparent Language Online for Libraries system. We will look at various aspects of learning dashboard and dive into some of the great learning activities available – specifically highlighting speaking and typing. We will also highlight some recent updates to Transparent Language Online, for those who are joining us again!
Register Here

American Sign Language: Facts and Myths Concerning the Language and Culture

Wednesday, October 26, 2022: Noon – 1pm (US) CDT /1-2pm (US) EDT

Did you know that American Sign Language is used by approximately 250,000–500,000 people in the US and Canada? Come learn more about ASL and deafness with John Miller, lifelong educator and cofounder of SigningSavvy. He'll discuss ASL basics and dispel common myths surrounding the Deaf community.  We will wrap up the webinar with an inside look at the NEW American Sign Language course available now in Transparent Language Online!

You’ll leave this session knowing more about:

Register Here

Supporting Your ELL Community with Transparent Language Online

Monday, October 31, 2022: Noon – 1pm (US) CDT/1-2pm (US) EDT

Does your library support a growing community of English Language Learners (ELLs)? In this webinar, we will discuss the language pairings (30+) available for non-English speakers to learn at the beginner level, as well as discuss higher-level content for English learners, including Intermediate and Advanced Conversations in English and our American Citizenship Test Prep Course.

Register Here

Supporting Young Learners with Transparent Language Online

Thursday, November 10, 2022: Noon – 1pm (US) CST/ 1-2pm (US) EST

Did you know that Transparent Language Online has learning content specifically designed for young learners? In this webinar, we’ll explore the available content for different ages, including K-2, elementary, and teens. We will look at how the content differs for each age range and review what supplemental resources are available.

Register Here

Transparent Language Online: Reporting and Marketing

Tuesday, November 15, 2022: 10 am – 11 am (US) CST/11am-12pm (US) EST

Trying to promote and measure interest in Transparent Language Online in your library community? Looking for new promotional ideas? This webinar will focus on running usage reports and marketing Transparent Language Online to your community.

Register Here

World Book - Learning Resources for Election & Government

Tue, Oct 4, 2022 10:00 AM - 10:30 AM CDT/11:00 AM - 11:30 AM EDT

With midterm elections this year topics have come up that can be hard to address as adults, let alone with students. That is where World Book comes in - stick to the facts and start discussions with reliable sources on a variety of topics from the electoral college to the 25th amendment. Our World Book Original - Destination Pennsylvania Avenue, available in eBooks, is the perfect tool to walk through this journey.

Register Here

World Book - Resources for a Healthy Mindset

Wed, Oct 12, 2022 3:00 PM - 3:30 PM CDT/4:00 PM - 4:30 PM EDT

Learn about World Book's resources to support a Healthy Mindset. We will explore topics like bullying, your emotions, living in a community, and more with features such as our Life Skills center in Discover, which teaches skills you need to learn and know to make the most out of life.

Register Here

World Book – Support ELL

Thu, Oct 20, 2022 11:00 AM - 11:30 AM CDT/Noon - 12:30 PM EDT

Learn how to use World Book Online features to support English Language Learners. With read aloud functions, translation into over 100 languages, different reading levels, and more there are several tools to help every access content at their given level.

Register Here

World Book - Learning Resources for Election & Government

Mon, Oct 24, 2022 4:00 PM - 4:30 PM CDT/5:00 PM - 5:30 PM EDT

With midterm elections this year topics have come up that can be hard to address as adults, let alone with students. That is where World Book comes in - stick to the facts and start discussions with reliable sources on a variety of topics from the electoral college to the 25th amendment. Our World Book Original - Destination Pennsylvania Avenue, available in eBooks, is the perfect tool to walk through this journey.

Register Here

World Book - Resources for Native American Heritage Month

Tue, Nov 1, 2022 9:30 AM - 10:00 AM CDT/10:30 AM - 11:00 AM EDT

World Book is a great resource in helping you prepare for, educate about, and celebrate Native American Heritage History month! World Book is full of information and activities to help learn about important people, events, and contributions of Native Americans.

Register Here

World Book - Create & Edit Timelines

Wed, Nov 9, 2022 2:00 PM - 2:30 PM CST/3:00 PM - 3:30 PM EST

Did you know that you have the ability to edit and create your own timelines? Take this feature to a whole new level with projects for school or fun at home! Join us to learn how to add notes and stay organized for research, turn in timelines for school, and inspiration for a variety of timelines to create from scratch!

Register Here

World Book - Resources for Native American Heritage Month

Thu, Nov 17, 2022 11:00 AM - 11:30 AM CST/Noon - 12:30 PM EST

World Book is a great resource in helping you prepare for, educate about, and celebrate Native American Heritage History month! World Book is full of information and activities to help learn about important people, events, and contributions of Native Americans.

Register Here

World Book – Advanced Overview

Mon, Nov 21, 2022 3:00 PM - 3:30 PM CST/4:00 PM - 4:30 PM EST

Take a tour of World Book Advanced to see the features and tools that can be used by advanced researchers.

Register Here

World Book - Ebooks Overview

Wed, Nov 30, 2022 9:00 AM - 9:30 AM CST/10:00 AM - 10:30 AM EST

Take a look inside World Book’s eBook collection. An on-the-go library for students and patrons available 24/7. This brief webinar will teach you how to navigate, annotate, and get inspiration for practical classroom applications.

Register Here

Andrea Zielke

TEL Administrator

Tennessee Electronic Library

Tennessee State Library and Archives

Office of Tennessee Secretary of State Tre Hargett

1001 Rep. John Lewis Way North

Nashville, TN 37219

p 615-532-4627

f 615-532-9904

This electronic mail may be subject to the Tennessee Public Records Act, Tenn. Code Ann. §10-7-503 et seq.  Any reply to this email may also be subject to this act.

The mission of the Office of the Secretary of State is to exceed the expectations of our customers, the taxpayers, by operating at the highest levels of accuracy, cost-effectiveness, and accountability in a customer-centered environment.

Secretary of State Social Media Links:

www.facebook.com/TennesseeSecretaryofState

www.facebook.com/TNStateLibraryArchives/timeline