Hi Folks:

I wanted to put this out there and to say that we really, really want to talk to folks interested in youth services and school librarianship – although you can’t tell it from the advertisement. If you meet the other requirements and you are youth-focused, please, please apply! I’m happy to answer any questions you might have. Feel free to email me ([log in to unmask]) or the search chair Wade Bishop ([log in to unmask]) with any questions.

JOB POSTING

The School of Information Sciences in the College of Communication and Information (CCI) at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville (UTK), seeks two Assistant Professors for 9-month, tenure-track positions to start in August 2023.

Applications from individuals with research and/or teaching interests in one or more of the following areas are especially welcome (listed in alphabetical, not priority, order):
• Archives, records management, and/or special collections
• Data science and/or computational social science
• Human-Computer Interaction (HCI)/User Experience Design (UXD)
• Information retrieval and Interaction
• Information security/integrity and/or cybersecurity
• Machine learning, artificial intelligence, human-AI interaction, and ethical/social AI
• Public librarianship
• School librarianship

We are particularly interested in applicants with research and teaching interests in areas that extend the school’s areas of expertise and make theoretical/practical contributions to the library and information science field to strengthen its identity. Experience in industry, or other professional settings, is also a plus.

Application Information and Procedures
The University of Tennessee is utilizing Interfolio to conduct this search. Please submit your application through https://apply.interfolio.com/112008.

Good luck,

cw

Dr. Cindy Welch

Clinical Professor

School of Information Sciences

Pronouns: she/her/hers

Phone: 865-974-7918

Email: [log in to unmask]

Zoom: https://tennessee.zoom.us/j/8487027108

cid1900312138*<a href=[log in to unmask]">