*cross posted*

The LILi Web Committee would like to invited you to join us for our first Show & Tell presentation of our 2022-2023 year!

For Us by Us: A Strategy for Kick-Starting and Sustaining a Professional Development Program

September 21, 2022

10:00am - 11:00am​ Pacific (8 am Hawaii, 9am Alaska, 11am Mountain, 12pm Central, 1pm Eastern)

What began as a means to simply communicate better among multiple campuses, grew into a sustained professional development program across our 5 libraries over the last 10 years. With the program grew the challenges that come with keeping our “roundtables” as we called them relevant and engaging in this wide-open environment. While we attribute the “FUBU” approach with having sustained us for over a decade, we also know that the program has room for future improvement. This presentation will compare our program practices with IFLAI’s Continuing Professional Development Best Practices to give the audience a more complete perspective.

Barbara Petersohn is a library instruction and collection development liaison for the College of Education at the University of North Georgia. She is also graduate studies librarian and instruction coordinator (Dahlonega Campus), and instructor for Research Strategies1501.

Registration is free! https://www.eventbrite.com/e/a-strategy-for-kick-starting-and-sustaining-a-professional-development-prog-tickets-416931442167

April & the LILi Web Committee

April Sheppard
LILi Vice-Chair
LILi Web Committee Chair

she/they

Dean B. Ellis Library   |   Assistant Library Director

P.O. Box 2040   |   State University, AR 72467

Phone 870.972.2766   |   [log in to unmask]

Please know that I honor and respect boundaries around personal time, well-being, caretaking, and time off. My work hours may be different than yours. Should you receive emails from me during a time that you're engaging in any of the above, please protect your time and wait to respond until you're working.