Good afternoon,

We are delighted to announce that due to the success of the Inaugural Special Issue on Women in Remote Sensing 2022 in Frontiers of Remote Sensing we are extending the deadline to engage even more broadly within the community. The new deadline for final manuscript submissions is Monday October 31st, 2022. We hope this allows more researchers to get engaged, now we are into the start of the fall/autumn term. Please also share this invitation with your female colleagues and female graduate students to help us get the word out. Articles are published online on a rolling basis, and we invite you to take a look at these excellent examples and the high number of views accumulated in such a short time (see link below).

From our original invitation:

"If they don't give you a seat at the table, bring a folding chair." -Shirley Chisholm

Women are still significantly underrepresented within the field of Remote Sensing, with only around 30% of the people working in this field identifying as female (source: Zippia.com). As such, we have designed this special issue to be an inviting space to share the work currently being undertaken by women around the world, within the broad arena of remote sensing. To be considered for this collection, the first or last author should be a researcher who identifies as a woman. Whether this is your first publication or your 100th we would like to invite you to apply. Be surrounded by your peers and be part of a diverse and engaging group of researchers, all of whom are doing excellent research in remote sensing, and just happen to be female!

We would love to see an even more varied set of submissions from female-led research groups or individuals representing the true breadth of topics within remote sensing, as well as reflecting the array of institutional types, regions, backgrounds, diversity, rank, and organizations. The group of editors for this issue represent four female remote sensing researchers at various stages in their careers who are all excited to lead and engage with these diverse topics. We are truly excited to see the range of submissions and to facilitate this process where necessary. If you have questions, please don稚 hesitate to reach out to any of us with questions or concerns. See below for current submissions and articles in progress for this issue:

https://www.frontiersin.org/research-topics/29593/women-in-remote-sensing-2022

Thank you for your interest and support,
Hannah, Erin, Kelley, & Jane

Best,
Hannah
覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
Hannah Victoria Herrero, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Director B.S. in GIST Program
Department of Geography & Sustainability
U.N. SDG Faculty Fellow
University of Tennessee

315 Burchfiel Geography Building

1000 Phillip Fulmer Way

Knoxville, TN 37996-0925

386-451-3045 (Cell)

Big Orange. Big Ideas.

NOTE: This communication may contain information that is legally protected from unauthorized disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, please note that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, you should notify the sender immediately by telephone or by return email and delete this message from your computer.