Hi –

Don’t forget about these great webinars coming up!

For TEL: NEW! Elementary Digital Coding eBook Collection

Tuesday, July 26th at 12:00-1:00pm CT

Discover your new Gale eBook collection from the Tennessee Electronic Library for Digital Literacy. In this collection you will find titles such as:  What is Coding?, Invent a Game!, and Digital Cryptology.  The new collection is easily accessed by elementary students and teachers within Gale In Context: Elementary. Join this session to explore the new eBook collection, the features within the resource, and learn how to implement this content in your library and classroom.

Register here:  https://cengage.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_vjzZ55eNTJ6ibNHSPP0XSg

Coding & Digital Readiness Ebooks

Planning for Back to School (World Book)

Wednesday, July 27th 11:00-11:30am CT

Get ready for back to school with quick tips and tricks from World Book.  We’ll show you the ready-made material we have to help introduce students and parents to World Book at the start of the school year and ideas on how to use World Book to build classroom community.

Register here: https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2825508911372065292

15 Minutes to Mastery: Help Kids Find Their Next Read with Gale Books and Authors

Thursday, July 28th 1:00-1:30pm CT

Gale Books and Authors provides a simple and clean interface to help young readers explore age-appropriate books and the authors that write them. In this 15-minute session, intended for public and K12 librarians, we will review the platform, navigation, and content available to readers in your community.

Register here: https://cengage.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_JZnNhhzDR9WIUf7xoTEz5A?timezone_id=America%2FChicago

Product - Products - support.gale.com

August Trainings

(New!) Interactive Images (World Book)

Tuesday, August 2nd at 2:00-2:30 PM CT

Throughout Student, you can find exciting Interactive Images! These help users dive in and bring the content to life. Users can even enter virtual reality (VR) with interactive 360° images! Click on hotspots to view fun facts, related articles, photo galleries, videos, audio clips, maps, diagrams, illustrations, and more.

Register here: https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/8427025875278689804

World Book Student | Oyster-Bay East Norwich Public Library

Planning for Back to School (World Book)

Wednesday, August 10th at 4:00-4:30pm CT

Get ready for back to school with quick tips and tricks from World Book.  We’ll show you the ready-made material we have to help introduce students and parents to World Book at the start of the school year and ideas on how to use World Book to build classroom community.

Register here: https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/4032413138988302352

Educator Tools in World Book Online

Tuesday, August 30th at 10:00-10:30am CT

Did you know World Book has time-saving tools like standard search, lesson plans, and WebQuests?  Join us for a walk-through of popular features for teachers.

Register here: https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/152808350613215755

For TEL: Support Health and Mental Wellness

Tuesday, August 30th at 12:00pm-1:00pm CT

Gale Health and Wellness from the Tennessee Electronic Library offers 24/7 access to full-text medical journals, magazines, reference works, multimedia, and much more. Perfect for researchers at all levels, this comprehensive consumer health resource provides authoritative information on the full range of health-related issues, from current disease and disorder information to in-depth coverage of alternative medical practices. Join this webinar to explore content and best practices for putting this resource to work at your library.

Register here:  https://cengage.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_62NMEOQeRBOqGSUU3m8CYA

Product - Products - support.gale.com

All of these webinars and more can be found at the TEL Training Calendar.

Thanks for your continued participation, and stay cool out there!

Zachary Cudney

TEL Library Assistant

Tennessee Electronic Library

Tennessee State Library and Archives

Office of Tennessee Secretary of State Tre Hargett

1001 Rep. John Lewis Way North

Nashville, TN 37219

p 615-770-1716

The mission of the Office of the Secretary of State is to exceed the expectations of our customers, the taxpayers, by operating at the highest levels of accuracy, cost-effectiveness, and accountability in a customer-centered environment.

This electronic mail may be subject to the Tennessee Public Records Act, Tenn. Code Ann. §10-7-503 et seq. Any reply to this email may also be subject to this act.