From: Jocelyn Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, Jul 25, 2022 at 11:32 AM
Subject: Announcement of Grant Funding
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>

Good afternoon Cathy,

I hope you’re doing well! I’m reaching out in regards to grant funding that may be of interest to members of your association. Beginning July 1, the Department of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities is offering up to $5,000 per location in grant funds to municipal governments and businesses for the installation of adult-size changing tables. The grants, funded by the Tennessee General Assembly in the FY23 budget, will increase the availability of adult-size changing tables in public settings across Tennessee. Our goal is to support local governments and businesses in promoting inclusion for individuals with disabilities and their families within their communities.

We believe that both libraries and families in Tennessee would benefit from accessing this grant program. Inclusion of adult size changing tables allows families to spend more time out in their communities, attending events and utilizing library spaces. To hear firsthand about the impact, I encourage you to watch Catie and Dylan’s story.

I’ve attached a press release announcing the availability of funding and would welcome the opportunity to discuss further ways that our department can connect with or provide resources to your members to ensure their awareness of the grant funding.

Best,

Jocelyn

Jocelyn Young | Director of Policy and Legislation

UBS Tower, 8th Floor

315 Deaderick Street

Nashville, TN 37243

p. 629-333-4219