Good Afternoon Geographers and Sustainers - My friend Jeff Kirchberg from the City of Maryville is looking to hire a GIS technician in their utility department. Jeff is a very skilled programmer and developer and would make a great mentor for someone eager to learn.

Use the link below for the full job description^ and how to apply.

^ The job mentions CAD. If you can learn ArcGIS, you can learn CAD. UTK offers students access to AutoCAD through Apps.utk.edu and you should be able to download it from the OIT software website. In addition, UTK LinkedIn Learning offers numerous CAD training courses. If you think a career in utilities, facilities management, or in infrastructure is in your future, it would be an excellent skillset to develop.

MC

From: Jeff A. Kirchberg <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, July 14, 2022 10:52 AM
To: Camponovo, Michael <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: GIS Job Posting

Hey Michael,

We have a GIS job opening here at Maryville.  This position will be working under me and I’m excited train someone up.  I would greatly appreciate it if you would share with posting with anyone you think would be a good fit.

https://www.maryvillegov.com/uploads/8/2/6/7/8267180/2022_07_gis_technician_-_electric[100].pdf

Thanks,

Jeff Kirchberg

GIS Programmer|Water & Sewer Department