Dear undergraduates,

I will offer GEOG 313 and GEOG 433 this fall semester.

GEOG 313: Geospatial Field Methods of UAVs, Lidar, and GPS is a course that I will co-teach with our GIS lab manager, Nathan McKinney.  This course will provide field work and lab experience in using UAVs (small drones), LiDAR, and GPS to obtain, process, and analyze geospatial data. The field component will teach how to use the UAV, LiDAR, and GPS equipment to obtain data. The lab component teaches how to process and analyze the data. This course is a core course for the Geospatial Science and Technology concentration.

GEOG 433: Landform Analysis and Landscape Planning focuses on learning earth surface processes related to water resources and sediment dynamics and acquiring “real-world” skills and techniques for applied landscape planning work. It is a core course for both the Landscapes and Environment concentration and the Geospatial Science and Technology concentration.

Attached please find the flyers for these two courses. Please consider to take these courses and let me know if you have any question.

Yingkui

Yingkui Li, PhD
Professor
Department of Geography & Sustainability

Tel: 865-974-0595
Email   Website  Google Scholar