All,

I'm sorry for the late notice for this release.

We're planning a VERSO maintenance release for tomorrow - June 9, 2022, at 7:00pm pacific (10:00pm Eastern).   We expect the system to be unavailable for 10-15 minutes, subject to change if we run into issues.

This release addresses some minor defects that were reported to us by our customers.

CILL Libraries - in this release, SHAREit is releasing several significant enhancements and improvements.   We recommend that you consult the SHAREit release notes (via the portal, or Support pages, or available through Customer Service), to ensure you're aware of those changes.

Ticket
Description
1394
My Account - My Profile - was allowing patrons to enter incomplete phone numbers in their profiles.  VERSO will now require a full 10-digit phone number in any of the telephone fields in the patron's profile record (as configured by the library).
These include:

  *   phone and phone 2
  *   work phone
  *   mobile phone
  *   fax
1213
UX Admin - Settings - Widgets - Popular Carousel widget was needlessly asking staff to select "popular carousel" as the type of widget - although that was the only choice.  Staff will no longer see the option to select it.
1084
PAC - CILL Library :   if a patron in a CILL Library tried to make an ILL Request, but didn't have the permission to do so, VERSO would display a blank error message.

[cid:[log in to unmask]]

VERSO will still *block* creating the ILL request if a patron lacks permission but will now display the following message.   Note:  this parallels the messaging used in SHAREit.

[cid:[log in to unmask]]

1340
My Lists - Placing holds:   Patrons can place individual holds from their lists by clicking the HOLD button adjacent to each title,  or they can place *batch holds* on selected titles by clicking the checkbox(es) to the left each title and then clicking "HOLD" at the top of the page.

The problem:  If a patron clicked the HOLD button at the top of the page, VERSO would automatically fill in <today's date> as the "Cancel If Not Filled By Date" - which meant that those holds would automatically cancel early the following morning.

This error has been corrected and <today's date> will not automatically populate.   Patrons can enter their own "Cancel if not Filled By" date, or VERSO will calculate the hold expiration date according to library parameters.

Ted

[View Ted Koppel&apos;s digital business card.]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/hihello.me/p/f486c230-9b2f-421e-9c91-b3bb78a0c884?f=vcf__;!!PRtDf9A!qOiep0XQBu-erMYgTjjsBD1Nct5w19zz1zAm3XRZb-VkzYJSm_0PW-Z_CUoED_cKV0Pr6E7DBX1lWBiNbITQrx5kFcKCuRn_PfHNb5BGVfs$>

The contents of this e-mail and any attachments are intended solely for the use of the named addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. Any unauthorized use, copying, disclosure, or distribution of the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited by the sender and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail.