Good Afternoon Geographers and Sustainers,

Many of you have an interest in regional or local planning. If so, please see this opportunity sent by UTK Geography alum Jace Swain-Crowley. More importantly, note that Jace leveraged his AmeriCorps experience into a full time job.

MC

From: Swain-Crowley, Jace <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, June 27, 2022 1:38 PM
To: Camponovo, Michael <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: Jace Swain-Crowley <[log in to unmask]>; [log in to unmask]; ellen.zavisca <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Full-time AmeriCorps position opened in TPO/Planning

Just to follow up on this. A link to the updated posting: https://cacamericorps.org/opportunities/tpo-member/

From: Swain-Crowley, Jace
Sent: Friday, June 24, 2022 7:50 AM
To: Camponovo, Michael <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: Jace Swain-Crowley <[log in to unmask]>; [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>; ellen.zavisca <[log in to unmask]>

Hey Michael,

I just wanted to let you know my now former AmeriCorps role is open (I got the job we previously discussed!). I wanted to make the listserv aware if possible. Lauren (cc'ed) would be the point of contact for the AmeriCorps side, and Ellen (also cc'ed) would be the point of contact for the day-to-day site side.

Pending the work program doesn't change too much, the applicant can expect some data management/GIS exposure, community outreach through in-person tabling/social media, and other various tasks for the office. The TPO is very generous in tailoring some of the experience to the interests of the member, and if a recent graduate has an interest in transportation planning, this is a great opportunity.

Qualifications are a little flexible. Lauren and Ellen can provide information about it.

Feel free to forward this email as is.

Best wishes,

Jace