Good Morning Geographers and Sustainers – Thank you to Emily Craig from East TN Development District for sharing this job opening with her organization for a transportation planner.

MC

From: Emily Craig <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thursday, June 23, 2022 at 6:38 PM
To: Camponovo, Michael <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: FW: Transportation Planner Position @ ETDD

Hi Michael,

I hope all is well and that you’re enjoying summer! We have a position opening at ETDD for a Transportation Planner. The minimum requirements for applicants include an undergraduate degree in public admin/planning/or a closely related subject (may be substituted for relevant work experience), familiarity with common computer programs (Microsoft Office Suite), familiarity with basic transportation planning concepts, strong written and oral communication skills, and ability to work in a self-directed environment requiring correspondence with local officials. The deadline for resume submission with references is July 20th, 2022.

I think this would be an amazing opportunity for any of our students with an interest in rural transportation issues of east Tennessee. As you know, I’ve thoroughly enjoyed my time here at ETDD in my first professional position after undergrad. If you know of any interested students, please encourage them to apply!

Positing is attached and available at this link: https://www.etdd.org/06/etdd-position-announcement/

Thank you,

Emily Craig

Emily Craig