We are now officially the Department of Geography and Sustainability!!

See below:

Hello Geographers & Sustainers,

Our department is home to three undergraduate degrees: Geography BA,  Sustainability BA, and Geographic Information Science & Technology BS. All of these degrees are equally important to us and we are proud to support the study of our world - past, present and future - at UT. So that there can be no doubt where Sustainability is located at UTK, I am happy to bring you the news that - as of today - we are now officially the Department of Geography & Sustainability. This name change was voted on by the faculty and undergraduate and graduate student representatives, and has been approved by the Provost. Over the summer, we will work on changing our webpage and we will be working with the College of Arts & Sciences to rebrand ourselves.

Have a great summer, geographers and sustainers.

Nicholas

Nicholas N Nagle
Professor & Head of Geography & Sustainability
Faculty Director, Intercollegiate Data Science Minor

304C Burchfiel Geography Building
Department of Geography
University of Tennessee, Knoxville
Knoxville, TN 37996