Folks,

A colleague of mine from Costa Rica, Luis Guillermo Artavia, will be visiting UT for 4-5 weeks, for all of July and possibly the first week of August.  If you know of any temporary housing available for that period or part of it, please let me know.  A room in an apartment or house with kitchen privileges would be ideal.  Location near campus or along a bus line would also be ideal, as he won't have a car.  Luis Guillermo (who goes by Guillermo) is a faculty member at the University of Costa Rica who is simultaneously working on his PhD, which focuses on savanna vegetation.  He is coming to UT to do some lab research with Luke Blentlinger and me, and to learn about various types of research we do.

Please email me if you have any tips.  Turns out UT no longer has any visitor housing in dorms or apartments, or at least they do not this summer.

Thank you,

Sincerely,

Sally Horn

Sally P. Horn, Professor