Good afternoon Colleagues:

The Region 2 NNLM Team invites all members in Tennessee to attend NNLM Day at the Virtual MLA 2022 meeting.

Thursday, April 28, 1:00 to 2:00 pm (EST); Register for the Region 2 Breakout session: https://nnlm.gov/civicrm-event/582

At this session, we will highlight our activities in the first year as the new Region 2 program. Additionally, we will share upcoming activities and programs NNLM members can look forward to in the coming year. Come share your ideas of relevant programming that interests you, and the other members of the region.

The online event is free and available to all.

MLA 2022 UPDATE | APRIL 18, 2022

MLA ’22 Update

HHS and NLM Logo

Join us from April 27–May 6, 2022 as we focus on the theme NLM:

NLM: Engine for Innovation and Discovery

MLA Logo

EVENT CALENDAR

Mark your calendars for these events at MLA’22

April 27

April 28

April 29

NLM Virtual Exhibit t

NLM Virtual Exhibit

NNLM Day 11am CDT

Conversation with NLM Director Dr. Patti Brennan 3pm CDT

NLM Virtual Exhibit

May 2

May 3

May 4

May 5

May 6

NLM Virtual Exhibit

NLM Virtual Exhibit

Technical Showcases

NLM Update 9am CDT

EVENT DETAILS

April 27–May 3: NLM Virtual Exhibit

Visit NLM’s virtual exhibit booth for the latest updates on products, services, and programs that support innovation and discovery. The virtual booths can be launched from the MLA website.

Thursday, April 28: NNLM Day at MLA at 11:00AM CDT

Join us to hear the latest from the Network of the National Library of Medicine (NNLM) and the work that has been done over the past grant year, May 1, 2021–April 30, 2022. Then meet with your specific region to learn more about the new configuration, partnerships, and opportunities available. Sessions and links to register are as follows:

Thursday, April 28: Conversation with NLM Director Dr. Patti Brennan at 3:00PM CDT

Join a meet-and-greet with Dr. Patti Brennan. The Director will be joined by Associate Director for Library Operations Dianne Babski. We hope to see you there!

Join us on April 28 (Zoom)!

Captioning will be provided. American Sign Language interpreting services are available upon request. Individuals who need interpreting services and/or other reasonable accommodations to participate in this event, should contact [log in to unmask]. Requests should be made at least six business days in advance to ensure interpreter availability.

Thursday, May 5: NLM Technical Showcases

Visit NLM at the Technology Showcase area on the exhibit floor for updates on key tools and resources supporting innovation and discovery.

·      11:45am CDT: PubMed Update with Amanda Sawyer

·      1:15pm CDT: Introduction to NIH Data Management and Sharing Policy with Dr. Lisa Federer

·      3:30pm CDT: PubMed Central (PMC) and NIH Preprints: Expanding Access, Increasing Transparency, and Sharing Data with Katie Funk

Friday, May 6: NLM Update at 9:00AM CDT

Join the NLM Associate Director for Library Operations Dianne Babski for an update on NLM’s latest activities. Look for the link in the MLA planner to view the update and participate in the Q&A.

Please visit the NLM Conference Exhibits website for a more comprehensive look at what NLM has to offer at MLA’22: https://www.nlm.nih.gov/oet/exhibits/index.html.

HHS and NLM wide logo

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Colbert Education Center and library building is closed for renovation. Access to online library resources remains available at http://www.library.musc.edu/

Shannon D. Jones, MLS, M.Ed, AHIP, FMLA (she/her)

Director of Libraries & Professor

Medical University of South Carolina

Director, Region 2, NNLM

171 Ashley Avenue, Suite 419, MSC 403

Charleston, SC 29425-4030

Learn more about the Network of the National Library of Medicine: https://nnlm.gov/about/regions/region2

Not a member of NNLM? Join here: https://nnlm.gov/membership/join

View and apply for available Funding Awards here: https://musc.libguides.com/RMLFunding

*Meeting requests should be directed to Tasha Renfroe, [log in to unmask]