Cross posted

From: April Sheppard
Sent: Thursday, April 7, 2022 11:08 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: FYI - Using True Crime Nostalgia to Teach Critical Thinking Skills - Free LILi Webinar

All,

Please join Lifelong Information Literacy (LILi) for our next LILi Show & Tell presentation!

Using True Crime Nostalgia to Teach Critical Thinking Skills

April 20, 2022

10:00am - 11:00am​ Pacific

Sonnet Ireland is the Director of the Washington Parish Public Library. She has written articles and given presentations on the topic of fake news both locally and nationally. Much of her research is focused on ways to counteract fake news through public news/media literacy. She is also a Past President of the Louisiana Library Association and a newly-elected ALA Councilor At-Large. Having worked in both academic and public libraries, Sonnet is a passionate advocate for all libraries and library workers.

Register at: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/using-true-crime-nostalgia-to-teach-critical-thinking-skills-tickets-310892536947

Hope to see you there!

April

April Sheppard (she/they)

Schedule Appointment
Assistant Library Director
Interim Head of Archives & Special Collections

Dean B. Ellis Library   |   P.O. Box 2040   |   State University, AR 72467

Phone 870.972.2766   |   [log in to unmask]

Please know that I honor and respect boundaries around personal time, well-being, caretaking, and time off. My work hours may be different than yours. Should you receive emails from me during a time that you're engaging in any of the above, please protect your time and wait to respond until you're working.