Happy Friday! Just a quick reminder about the tenure-track assistant professor candidates visiting next week and the week after. Please join us if you can.
rf-m

From: Fleming-May, Rachel
Sent: Tuesday, April 26, 2022 3:56 PM
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Students: Help Shape the Future of SIS!

Greetings! I'm writing this (long) email to request assistance from our undergraduate, master's, and doctoral students.

The School of Information Sciences is conducting a search for a tenure-track assistant professor. During the first two weeks in May, we will be hosting (via zoom) some terrific candidates for interviews, and we need your help with this important process.

How? Both candidates will make a research presentation, followed immediately by a 30-minute meeting with undergraduate, master’s and doctoral students. We know this is an exceptionally busy time of year, but hope you'll attend both of these if you can--the student meeting will provide an especially good opportunity to chat with the candidates about their teaching and research in a less structured format.

Here is the information for the two presentations and student meetings (names withheld for applicant privacy):

Date

Presentation

Meeting with Students

ZOOM URL:

1.

Monday, 5/2/22

9:00-10:00 a.m. EDT

Title: TBA

10:05-10:35 a.m. EDT

https://tiny.utk.edu/utksis_research-pres

(For presentations and student meetings)

2.

Friday, 5/6/22

1:00-2:00 p.m. EDT

Title: Everyday Cross-Session Search: How and Why Do People Search Across Multiple Sessions?

2:05-2:35 p.m. EDT

After the interviews, please visit https://tiny.utk.edu/sis_asst-prof_stu-2 to share your feedback about the candidates (note: the form won't be activated until after the interviews begin).

Your voice is incredibly important in our efforts to select the strongest faculty member to join our department. After all, whomever joins us could be your instructor, advisor, and/or mentor.

Thank you for your assistance-you are essential to the life of the School!

Rachel Fleming-May
Rachel A. Fleming-May, Associate Professor (she/her)
The School of Information Sciences, University of Tennessee