Dear Geographers and Sustainers:

I’m pleased to announce that Luke Blentlinger will defend his MS thesis next Monday, April 11, from 3:30 to 5:30 pm, via Zoom.  Luke’s thesis is entitled “Climate, Fire, and Human History in Central American Savannas: New Paleoenvironmental Records from Belize and Costa Rica.”

The Zoom link for the defense is: https://tennessee.zoom.us/j/93792529240, and the first part of the defense is open to all.

We will begin the defense with a presentation by Luke on his MS research, followed by questions and comments from the general audience. We will then move into a “closed door” defense with his committee members: Dr. Chad Lane (Professor at the University of North Carolina Wilmington and Adjunct in our department), Dr. Yingkui Li, and myself.

Sincerely,

Sally Horn

Sally P. Horn, Professor
Department of Geography