From: Susanne Freidberg via AAG Knowledge Communities <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Friday, April 8, 2022 11:12 PM
To: Horn, Sally P <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [Cultural & Political Ecology] : Funded PhD position in political ecology/STS at Dartmouth

Hello all, We've had a position open up in our environment-society PhD program, so if you know of qualified senior undergraduates or masters... -posted to the "Cultural & Political Ecology" community
Association of American Geographers

Cultural & Political Ecology

Funded PhD position in political ecology/STS at Dartmouth
Reply to Group Reply to Sender
Susanne Freidberg
Apr 8, 2022 11:12 PM
Susanne Freidberg

Hello all,

We've had a position open up in our environment-society PhD program, so if you know of qualified senior undergraduates or masters students who might be interested, please let them know, and thanks!

The Ecology, Evolution, Environment & Society (EEES) graduate program at Dartmouth College (New Hampshire, United States) seeks applicants for fully-funded PhD study at the intersection of political ecology and science and technology studies (STS), beginning in September 2022.  Candidates interested in pursuing critical qualitative research on agri-food, water and/or energy systems are especially welcome to apply. One position is currently available. Candidates should have a demonstrated capacity for independent, original inquiry and a commitment to interdisciplinary methods and analytical frameworks. A Bachelor's or Master's degree in one of the environmental social sciences (e.g., geography, environmental studies, anthropology, or environmental/rural sociology) is preferable; some previous coursework, research, or professional experience in agriculture, food systems, or environmental management would also be helpful. To initiate an application, please email a brief statement of interest and a CV to Professor Susanne Freidberg ([log in to unmask]) and Professor Chris Sneddon ([log in to unmask]). We will consider applications until the position is filled. To learn more about the program please visit the EEES homepage and to submit an application, please see the Dartmouth School of Graduate and Advanced Studies site.

Professor Susanne Freidberg
Department of Geography
Dartmouth College