Please excuse the cross posting.

From: ARKLIB-L <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Thorup, Shawna S.
Sent: Wednesday, March 2, 2022 5:12 PM
To: [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]
Subject: [Arklib-l] seeking speakers/presenters on neurodiversity in libraries

The Arkansas Library Association ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerEnd

The Arkansas Library Association communities of interest, Reference & Instruction Services (RISci), Making Arkansas Libraries Accessible (MaRLA), and Arkansas Libraries Paraprofessionals (ALPS), seek speakers or presenters for a virtual professional development experience on May 20, 2022 (morning).

We seek viewpoints and expertise on neurodiversity and libraries. We envision three focus areas: neurodiversity and neurodivergence explained; neurodivergent library workers; and serving neurodiverse constituencies. Sessions might be panels, keynotes, interactive workshops, or a combination depending on the talents and topics represented.

Please contact me by April 1st if you’d like to participate, including what you’d like to share with our groups. You can also send us suggestions of people to contact for this event.

Thank you for your consideration. And save the date for this exciting Exchange Day – the morning of May 20, 2022.

Shawna Thorup, MLS

ArLA Reference & Instruction Services Community of Interest (RISci), chair

Head of Reference & Instruction, Pauline Whitaker Library

NorthWest Arkansas Community College

One College Drive, Bentonville AR 72712

479.619.4246 {voice messages are emailed to me}