Happy Tuesday!

This is a reminder that the deadline to file your FCC Form 471 is March 22, 2022 - one week from today!

If you would like to learn more about filing the 471, you can find some quick tutorials using USAC's FCC Form 471 video series<https://www.usac.org/e-rate/learn/videos/#FCC-Form-471>.

Remember, the 471 is the form where you have chosen your service providers and know the expected costs of your services for the upcoming funding year.

What do I need?

  1.  The service provider name
  2.  SPIN of the service provider
  3.  Cost of your service
  4.  Any contract/agreement from your service provider (if applicable)

Do I need to do anything about my school district free/reduced lunch numbers?
Nope!  The system automatically pulls the free and reduced lunch calculations from your associated school district in the portal, so your discount percentage will automatically populate.

Is this form difficult?
It is the most complicated form of all of them, but you can do it! Remember that, if you are going into a contract/agreement for any service you're requesting, you'll need to upload that contract into the EPC portal when you file your 471.   Also remember that you must have waited a minimum of 28 days between filing your 470 and entering into a contract with your expected provider and filing your 471.
Make sure you've kept all your bid documentation/proposals and communications with vendors, evaluation matrix, etc. - just in case you're asked about your process by the Program Integrity Assurance (PIA) reviewers.

You can access the EPC portal here<https://forms.universalservice.org/portal/login>.

Happy filing!
Liz

Liz Thigpen Schreck | Director
Ocoee River Regional Library
State E-rate Coordinator for Public Libraries
Office of Tennessee Secretary of State Tre Hargett
718 George St., NW, Athens, TN 37303
P. (423) 745-5194 - office;  (423) 649-1583 - direct
Regional Toll Free - (855) 692-8186
Fax (423) 649-1501

This electronic mail may be subject to the Tennessee Public Records Act, Tenn. Code Ann. §10-7-503 et seq.  Any reply to this email may also be subject to this act.

The mission of the Office of the Secretary of State is to exceed the expectations of our customers, the taxpayers, by operating at the highest levels of accuracy, cost-effectiveness, and accountability in a customer-centered environment.

Secretary of State Social Media Links:
www.facebook.com/TennesseeSecretaryofState<http://www.facebook.com/TennesseeSecretaryofState>
www.facebook.com/TNStateLibraryArchives/timeline<http://www.facebook.com/TNStateLibraryArchives/timeline>