Good Afternoon All,

Last year, Facilities Services received more than 50 submissions for its third round of the Volunteer First Impressions contest. Twelve public spaces were chosen for sprucing up across campus, and now that those projects are wrapping up, we are accepting submissions for the fourth round of improvements!

If you or anyone in your department knows of a public space on campus that could use some sprucing up, we'd love to hear about it! The Volunteer First Impressions Contest seeks to improve public spaces knowing that the very first impression received by students & visitors is a reflection on the University. One of the goals of Facilities Services is to ensure that each of those impressions are positive, and that's where your department steps in! The more submissions, the merrier!

Now that most of our students, staff and faculty have returned to campus, we want to make the fourth round of improvements better than ever! As a result, we are allowing submissions for projects up to $20,000 instead of the $10,000 we've done in the past!

To enter, you can do one of the following:

- Take two to five pictures of the area and submit a written statement on how fixing up this area will enhance campus life

- Send a quick video (limited to two minutes) taken on your smartphone to show Facilities Services the area involved and explain how this project will enhance campus life

- Submit a written statement to Sam Ledford at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> detailing the proposed project

The Volunteer First Impressions contest is for campus projects only. Projects typically include one or more of the following: carpet, paint, plants or landscaping, signage, or similar elements.

Entries will be judged on their overall impact to students and visitors and estimated completion cost of $20,000 or less. The contest will cap at $100,000 in improvements, so the number of winners will vary. Entries should be for public spaces only; private areas or offices will not be considered. Entries should demonstrate the area's impact on students, faculty, staff, or visitors when they first arrive on campus.

Submit your entries to Sam Jones Ledford at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>, the Facilities Services Twitter account (@utkfacserv), or the Facilities Services Instagram account (@utfacilities).

Entries are due no later than Monday, April 11, 2021. Winners will be announced in early May. For more information, visit fs.utk.edu/vfi2022<http://tiny.utk.edu/VFIcontest>

Attached you'll find a flyer with pertinent contest information. If you have additional questions, please let me know. Last year, some of our very best submittals came from staff across campus, and we are looking forward to seeing what projects are suggested this year!

Best Wishes,

Sam

[http://images.utk.edu/images/interface/ut-emailsignature.gif]

Sam Ledford
Communications Coordinator
The University of Tennessee, Knoxville
Facilities Services Comm & Info
Facilities Services Complex
2040 Sutherland Ave
865.297.3027
fs.utk.edu

To view the CAMPCOMM archives or Join/Leave the list:
http://listserv.utk.edu/archives/campcomm.html