Good Afternoon, Campus Communicators!

Academic Inclusive Initiatives, a key unit within the Division of Student Success, has changed its name to First-Generation Initiatives to clearly indicate UT’s commitment to first-generation student scholars. First-Generation Initiatives continues to promote academic excellence among first-generation students and creates academic and engagement opportunities with peers, faculty, staff, and alumni.

Along with the name change, First-Generation Initiatives will implement innovative programming and support including the establishment of the First-Generation Advisory Council and a first-gen faculty/staff directory. First-Generation Initiatives also has oversight of UT’s new chapter of Tri-Alpha—an honor society for first-generation scholars.

We are announcing this change to faculty & staff first and will launch the new name with current students later this semester. Over the coming months, we will transition signage, materials, and our website.  Please continue to refer first-generation students to our office, and sign up for the newsletter to receive updated information.

Sincerely,

Kelsey

cid:<a href=[log in to unmask]">

Kelsey Kyne
Chief Operating Officer

The University of Tennessee, Knoxville
Division of Student Success

CliftonStrengths:  Harmony, Discipline, Consistency, Achiever, Responsibility

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= To view the CAMPCOMM archives or Join/Leave the list: http://listserv.utk.edu/archives/campcomm.html