Good Afternoon, Campus Communicators!

Academic Inclusive Initiatives, a key unit within the Division of Student Success, has changed its name to First-Generation Initiatives<https://studentsuccess.utk.edu/first-gen/> to clearly indicate UT's commitment to first-generation student scholars. First-Generation Initiatives continues to promote academic excellence among first-generation students and creates academic and engagement opportunities with peers, faculty, staff, and alumni.

Along with the name change, First-Generation Initiatives will implement innovative programming and support including the establishment of the First-Generation Advisory Council and a first-gen faculty/staff directory. First-Generation Initiatives also has oversight of UT's new chapter of Tri-Alpha-an honor society for first-generation scholars.

We are announcing this change to faculty & staff first and will launch the new name with current students later this semester. Over the coming months, we will transition signage, materials, and our website<https://studentsuccess.utk.edu/first-gen/>.  Please continue to refer first-generation students to our office, and sign up for the newsletter<https://studentsuccess.utk.edu/aii/first-gen-newsletter-subscription-form/> to receive updated information.

Sincerely,

Kelsey

[cid:[log in to unmask]]
Kelsey Kyne
Chief Operating Officer
The University of Tennessee, Knoxville
Division of Student Success
CliftonStrengths:  Harmony, Discipline, Consistency, Achiever, Responsibility

To view the CAMPCOMM archives or Join/Leave the list:
http://listserv.utk.edu/archives/campcomm.html