Hello LIT presenters and Friends of LIT!

Please do forward to anyone who you think might be interested in these LIT opportunities! We had such a great time last year and we can’t wait to meet again. We had so much fun, we decided to try something totally new this year. We will have the LIT conference virtually just like last year, but we will *also* be hitting reset and refresh with our first ever LIT Retreat! See below for details.

  *   Your LIT people: Aaron, Ashley, Sarah, Jenny, Lyndy, and Andrea

CALL FOR PROPOSAL: LIT VIRTUAL

The 2022 Library Instruction Tennessee Conference will take place virtually, via Zoom, on Monday, May 16, 2022, with a theme of Community–Culture–Comfort.

What strategies have you used over the last year to foster a sense of community among your library colleagues, and/or with your patrons? What steps have you taken to assess and improve your library’s organizational culture? What pedagogies, tools, or practices have you implemented (or discarded) in the interest of making your library a safe and comfortable space for all?  We’d love to see proposals about:

  *   Engagement and Outreach
  *   Assessment
  *   Pedagogy
  *   Andragogy
  *   Technology
  *   Critical Information Literacy
  *    Reflective Practice and Self Care
  *   Professional Tips for New Instruction Librarians
  *   Hiring, Onboarding, and Management in Instructional Services

Visit the LIT website<http://libraryinstructiontn.org/> (https://libraryinstructiontn.org) to submit your proposal by February 11, 2022!

Please note: LIT is trying something different this year! While the 2022 LIT Conference will take place virtually through Zoom, a one-day “LIT Retreat” will be held on Friday, May 20, 2022 at Austin Peay State University in Clarksville. To learn more about the LIT Virtual Conference & LIT Retreat, please visit the LIT website.

Call for Proposals: LIT RETREAT

In coordination with our virtual conference, LIT is hosting a one-day in-person retreat. Our retreat will be focused on self-centering, conflict management, relaxation, community, and renewal. The LIT Retreat will be held Friday, May 20th, 2022 at Austin Peay State University in Clarksville.

Now that most of us are back at work, how do you practice self-care? How do you create boundaries? How do you relax? Is there a place, person, or thing you turn to for professional perspective and empathy? Let’s talk about maintaining a sense of humanity in our post-WFH world (if you were lucky enough to be there).

If you have a special skill or hobby to share with the library community, please do send a proposal. We are keeping it small (capping at 50 attendees) and low-cost (less than $50!). This is not a typical proposal; we don’t need topics or presentations *unless* they fit into our theme! We are open-minded otherwise and would love to know how you could contribute to the first ever LIT Retreat!

No need to submit online, simply email Sarah Smith, Ashley Roach-Freiman, and Jenny Harris at ​​[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> to share your thoughts by February 11.

Ashley Roach-Freiman | she / her / hers
Library Instruction Curriculum Coordinator
Research and Instruction Librarian | Assistant Professor, University Libraries
[UofM logo]
The University of Memphis
120 Ned McWherter Library
Memphis, TN 38152<http://www.memphis.edu/emailsignatures/>