Hello again—a quick correction: the final candidate visit with students is on Monday, March 7 (not a Thursday as previously indicated).

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Fleming-May, Rachel" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Help shape the future of SIS!
Date: February 4, 2022 at 12:56:34 PM EST
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>

Hello, IS Doc Students. We need your help!

The School of Information Sciences is conducting searches for two assistant professor faculty positions. Over the next several weeks, we will be hosting (on ZOOM) some truly remarkable candidates for interviews, and we need help from our undergraduate, master's, and doctoral students!

How? Each candidate will make a research presentation, followed immediately by a 30-minute meeting with undergraduate, master’s and doctoral students. We hope you'll attend as many of these as you can--the student meeting will provide an especially good opportunity to chat with the candidates about their teaching and research in a less structured format.

There are two presentations/student meetings next week (names withheld for applicant privacy):

Date

Presentation

Meeting with Students

ZOOM URL

   1.

Tuesday, February 8, 2022

12:30-1:30 p.m.

1:35-2:05 p.m.

https://tiny.utk.edu/utksis_research-pres

   2.

Thursday February 10, 2022

9:30-10:30 a.m.

10:35-11:05 a.m.

…and four more in weeks following:

Date

Presentation

Meeting with Students

ZOOM URL

   3.

Tuesday, February 15, 2022

12:30-1:30 p.m.

1:35-2:05 p.m.

https://tiny.utk.edu/utksis_research-pres

You'll note the ZOOM URL is the same for all presentations and student meetings. Please make sure your ZOOM user name includes your first and last names, and try to log on to ZOOM before joining (https://tennessee.ZOOM.us/profile)

   4.

Monday, February 21, 2022

12:30-1:30 p.m.

1:35-2:05 p.m.

   5.

Wednesday, February 23, 2022

9:30-10:30 a.m.

10:35-11:05 a.m.

   6.

Monday, March 7, 2022

12:30-1:30 p.m.

1:35-2:05 p.m.

After the interviews we’ll also ask for your anonymous feedback about the candidates.

Your voice is incredibly important in our efforts to select the strongest faculty members to join our department. After all, whomever joins us will be your instructors, advisors, and mentors. This is also a great opportunity to see several IS faculty candidates' job talks and observe the type of questions faculty and students ask in these sessions.

Thank you for your assistance-you are essential to the life of the School!

Rachel
Rachel A. Fleming-May, Associate Professor (she/her)
The School of Information Sciences, University of Tennessee