Dear CCI—faculty, staff and students.

The energy and enthusiasm you brought to  CCI’s 44th Annual Research Symposium  made it a vibrant showcase of our research across the college.  It was exciting to see the work of our faculty and our undergraduate, masters and doctoral students.  We are truly a community of scholars and the work we are doing is extending knowledge in our disciplines and into society.

Drum roll please as we announce our research winners:

Student Research Stars

First Place: Scott Greeves
Second Place: Jessica Barfield

Third Place: Amanda Womac

Research Poster Kaleidoscope

First Place: Makayla Lerner (presenter), Dr. Sreedhar Upendram, Isabella Baxter

Second Place: Shelby Luttman

Third Place: Sarah Devereux

We also recognize:

Trivia Winner

Amanda Womac

Student Session Participation Winners (sponsored by SIS)

Makayla Lerner, Scott Greeves

*Winners will be hearing from Amy Forrester for details.

Thanks to our judges who represented our schools and our students and faculty:

Kelsey Badger

Carolyn Hank

Jiangen He

Joy Jenkins

Chad Lanctot

Anna McClure

Emily Pritt

Curry Wilson

We also greatly appreciate the work of our session moderators (including the trivia sessions!)

Tori Bertram

Sarah Devereux

Brian Dobreski

Beth Meko

Laura Miller

Matthew Pittman

Personally, I really enjoyed having the opportunity to moderate the faculty RAP session.

Special thanks to the CCI Research Advisory Committee (RAC) which has representatives from each school and students from our CCI programs. The RAC has been busy this academic year on many projects including this one, and I appreciate all their great ideas and commitment to CCI’s research culture!

Kelsey Badger

Courtney Childers

Brian Dobreski

Anna Franklin

Jiangen He

Joy Jenkins

Laura Miller

Emily Pritt

Curry Wilson

Suzie Allard, chair

The Research Symposium could not be staged without the event organizing skill and hard work of the CICS team and other amazing CCI staff members:

Amy Forrester

Dan Green

Ruth McCue

Ann Hensley

Songhee Kim

John McNair

Beth Meko

Karen Zach

Thanks to all – I hope you start planning now to join us next year : )

Suzie

Suzie Allard, Ph.D.

Chancellor’s Professor, School of Information Sciences

CCI Board of Visitors Professor

Associate Dean for Research, College of Communication & Information

Director, Center for Information & Communication Studies

University of Tennessee

1345 Circle Park Drive | 423 Communications Building| Knoxville, TN | 37996-0341 | USA

T  865.974.1369 | F  865.974.7878 | E [log in to unmask] | W http://cics.cci.utk.edu