Hi everyone: Social Media Week 2022 is coming together rather late. Initially it was thought that a student chapter could lead on this, but I have now stepped in to coordinate a session for SIS (and will be one of the speakers too). Do you have current or past research relating to social media that you want to share in a PechaKucha-style presentation (and it can be shared live on Zoom, per date/time below, or recorded). We will also have a session from a current MSIS student on tips for TikToking your Resume, so just as an FYI: the presentation does not have to be solely research related (as described in brief abstract below).

Please let me know as soon as you can as they want to start promoting this. And indeed, I know a very busy month with job candidate search, the CCI Research Symposium etc. Thanks for considering, and please let me know if I can answer any questions.

Carolyn

Title: PechaKucha with Information Sciences’ Faculty, Students, Alumni and Friends

When: Monday, February 21st, 6:00-7:00 pm EST

Where: Zoom: https://tennessee.zoom.us/j/98661848482 (Password: SMW2022)

What: Come hear about a variety of ways social media intersects with the information sciences, PechaKucha-style – a fast-paced, visually focused presentation format where our speakers have 400 seconds to tell their stories! Faculty, students, alum, and friends of the School of Information Sciences will talk about their social media research, as well as tips on implementing social media to advance your job prospects and career.