Dear Geographers and Sustainers,

WILEY, the company that makes a lot of money off textbooks including in your classes, is giving $500 VISA gift cards to students experiencing financial hardship.

Winners will be selected randomly from students who qualify as needing funds.

If you want to be nominated, and are willing to provide information on your needs, let me or another professor know, and we can nominate you.  Possibly each faculty member willing to nominate a student can only nominate one.

Note that being nominated and needy is not all you need to get the $500; you have to also get lucky.  The number of applicants could be so large as to make your chances low.

But, apparently 200 students will get lucky.

Sincerely,

Sally Horn

Sally P. Horn, Professor
Department of Geography