FY2022 Filing Window Opens TODAY! - The Funding Year (FY) 2022 FCC Form 471 application filing window opens January 12 at 12:00 noon EST
What does this mean?
This means that those of you who have already filed your FCC Form 470 for FY22 AND have waited the mandatory 28-day waiting period can file your FCC Form 471.

  *   You can file the 471 in the EPC portal.<https://forms.universalservice.org/portal/login>
  *   You should have received a notification from USAC that you have reached your allowable contract date.
  *   You should have evaluated all the bids/proposals that were sent to you after filing your 470, created your evaluation matrix (with cost being the most heavily weighted factor), selected your intended service provider, know what your pricing will be for your requested services and signed any applicable contracts/agreements with them.
Once you’ve done all those things, you’re ready to file your 471 (which is available as of today!)
**Remember to upload any contract/agreement into your EPC portal as well.

When is the 471 for FY22 deadline?
I’m glad you asked!  The deadline for filing your FCC Form 471 for FY22 is March 22nd – by 11:59 pm EDT.

So, what if I haven’t filed my 470 yet for FY22?
That is okay.  You still have time!  The deadline for submitting the FCC Form 470 for FY22 is Tuesday, February 22nd.  That is the absolute last day applicants can certify their 470 and still have time to wait the required 28 days and certify their 471s before the filing window closes on March 22nd.  Have I mentioned I would not advise waiting until the deadline day? 😊

USAC issued a special News brief<https://apps.usac.org/sl/tools/news-briefs/preview.aspx?id=1029> on Monday, outlining upcoming helpful office hour Q & A style training sessions regarding both the FCC Form 470 and FCC Form 471:

If you are interested in attending, register for the webinar and review all materials referenced for the webinar in advance of the office hours question and answer session.  Attendees will use the webinar's chat function to ask questions.  We will identify questions of general interest that are submitted through the chat function, read and respond to them, and answer specific questions individually using the chat function.  As with our regular webinars, we will give preference to questions about the topic under discussion.
Date and Time
Topic
Audience
Registration Link

Thursday, January 13  (2 p.m. ET)
E-Rate Eligible Services Office Hour
Applicants/Service Providers

Register<https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/8996677348686234638>

Tuesday, January 18 (2 p.m. ET)

Competitive Bidding (FCC Form 470) and Guiding Statements Overview and Office Hour
Applicants/Service Providers

Register<https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/6973979474346379532>

Thursday, January 20 (2 p.m. ET)
Service Provider Selection and FCC Form 471 Office Hour
Applicants/Service Providers

Register<https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2828768960587956747>

Happy filing!

Liz Thigpen Schreck | Director
Ocoee River Regional Library
State E-rate Coordinator for Public Libraries
Office of Tennessee Secretary of State Tre Hargett
718 George St., NW, Athens, TN 37303
P. (423) 745-5194 – office;  (423) 649-1583 - direct
Regional Toll Free - (855) 692-8186
Fax (423) 649-1501

This electronic mail may be subject to the Tennessee Public Records Act, Tenn. Code Ann. §10-7-503 et seq.  Any reply to this email may also be subject to this act.

The mission of the Office of the Secretary of State is to exceed the expectations of our customers, the taxpayers, by operating at the highest levels of accuracy, cost-effectiveness, and accountability in a customer-centered environment.

Secretary of State Social Media Links:
www.facebook.com/TennesseeSecretaryofState<http://www.facebook.com/TennesseeSecretaryofState>
www.facebook.com/TNStateLibraryArchives/timeline<http://www.facebook.com/TNStateLibraryArchives/timeline>