Dear Colleagues:

Attached and at this link is the Call for Workshop proposals for the First Global Amphibian and Reptile Disease (GARD) Conference that will be held in Knoxville, Tennessee, USA from 4-10 August 2022.  This conference is being hosted by University of Tennessee-Knoxville, Global Ranavirus Consortium, and RIBBiTR. Workshops will be held on the first day (4 Aug) of the conference and provide skill development opportunities for students and professionals. The deadline for workshop proposal submissions is 1 March 2022, and proposals should be emailed to Dr. Mark Wilber ([log in to unmask]).  Any questions about workshop proposals should be directed to Mark.  Please forward this announcement to others.

Also, a quick update on GARD 2022.  The conference website (http://tiny.utk.edu/GARD22) is updated and will continue to be updated every few weeks with additional information.  We also have a Twitter account (https://twitter.com/GARD2022) where announcements will be posted. Please feel free to use the Twitter account to communicate with conference organizers and participants. If you are looking to share a hotel room with someone, we recommend using Twitter to inquire. The Call for Abstracts will be released by 1 February 2022 (via Twitter and the website), with a 25 March submission deadline. There will be an abstract submission portal on the website – and, options to present in-person, virtual, or as a poster. Lastly, we are in the process of soliciting sponsors to support travel grants and conference activities. If you know of a possible sponsor, there is a link to a sponsorship request letter under the Sponsor menu of the GARD website (https://utconferences.eventsair.com/gard-conference/sponsors).

As always, if you have any questions about GARD 2022, please do not hesitate to contact me or one of the other organizers listed on the “Contact Us” menu of the website.  Happy MLK Jr. Day!

All the Best,
Matt, Leon and Jacques