Good afternoon all,

There are a number of items that we will be promoting to graduate students over the next couple of weeks, and we'd appreciate any help in getting the word out through your channels, if you see any opportunities.

--------------------------

Format Chat - Understanding the Formatting Requirements of a Thesis or Dissertation

Hosted by the Coordinator of Student Services, the Format Chat series offers workshops on the Graduate School’s thesis and dissertation formatting requirements along with an overview of processes, forms/deadlines, common errors and helpful resources. The first session will be February 10 from 10-11:30. Register for spring sessions at tiny.utk.edu/format-chat.

Graphics for the February session (Landscape Social, Square Social, Icon, and Digital Signage): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jop4v54Y3LyCiPyFDnUev_nkxjRHm6Ns/view?usp=sharing

-----------------------------

What's Your Work About? - Communicating Research

Learning how to communicate your research is invaluable in terms of the professional development of a graduate student and can be an important part of your career as a graduate student and beyond. Join us in this four-week program to develop your written, visual, and spoken communication skills. The first session, Creating Clear and Compelling Abstracts, facilitated by Dr. Kirsten Benson, director of the Judith Anderson Herbert Writing Center, will be on February 8, from 5:30-7:00 on Zoom. Learn more and register at tiny.utk.edu/yourwork.

Graphics for What's Your Work About? (Landscape Social, Square Social, Icon and Digital Signage): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1b7EPZ-HmqDvC_gol3me5ob2Vsqc5gla-/view?usp=sharing

------------------------------

GPSPD - Graduate and Professional Student Professional Development

The GPSPD (Graduate and Professional Student Professional Development) is an initiative where campus units, including the Graduate School, strive to provide and promote professional development opportunities for UT graduate and professional students. Find out more about our efforts to prepare graduate and professional students to achieve their career goals at tiny.utk.edu/gpspd.

Graphics for GPSPD (Landscape Social, Square Social, Instagram Story, and Digital Signage): https://drive.google.com/file/d/11-LLwS5JoHfU8NYbj9x9R9s-JN9pR3Ra/view?usp=sharing

----------------------------

I hope everyone has a great start to the spring semester!

Sean

Sean Q. Hendricks, PhD
(he/him/his)
Communications Manager