ADPR Jobs / Internships Listserv Header Graphic

Special Announcement

The Shelton Group fellowship - Spring 2023

Who is Shelton Group?

Shelton Group is the nation's leading marketing communications agency entirely focused in the energy and environment sectors. Our vision is that every home and building is energy responsible and sustainability is ordinary. Thus, our purpose - the reason we get out of bed every clay -- is to create a market advantage for the organizations that are creating that responsible, sustainable future we envision. Our client list includes the nation's largest energy companies and many product and service providers, trade associations and NGO's in the built environment. A sampling includes: Alliant Eriergy, CertainTeed Insulation, Environmental Defense Fund, ExxonMobil Chemical, Georgia Power, Kohler, and the Solar Electric Power Association.

We've been in business for 25 years and exclusively focused on energy and the environment for 12 years - way before words like "sustainability" were everyday terms. Our annual, proprietary research studies connect us to the American and Canadian markets - and the market drivers and obstacles around sustainability and efficiency- with a level of depth no other agency can match.

What is the Shelton Group Fellowship?

Created in honor of our 25th anniversary in business, the Fellowship is granted to one senior in his/her spring semester, studying Advertising or Public Relations at the College of Communication and Information at the University of Tennessee. The Fellowship

includes:

A $2,500 scholarship

A paid internship, which is a part-time position lasting 12 weeks

The possibility of a permanent position with the Shelton Group upon graduation, pending performance and availability of a position

Fellows will have the opportunity to work side-by-side with agency professionals, r>articipate in real-world assignments, and present work to the agency on real r>rojects and client pitches.

Fellowships can include these project areas and experiences:

Account Management

Gain a deep understanding of the internal agency process Open jobs and create job bags (a key project management tool) Archive jobs / housekeeping

Format presentations, research decks, proposal, etc.

Potential client prospecting and research: Charting potential new business by annual revenue, number of employees, etc.

Shadow account team members on specific clients; assist in development of creative briefs, help out with client meeting materials, etc.

Assist in development of marketing calendars / engagement maps for overall marketing knowledge

Sit in on Shelton Group internal department meetings

Work with account team to proof invoices and check them against scope Automatic FUN committee member!

Public Relations

Gather editorial calendars for relevant trade publications Update speaking engagement database

Set up campaigns in Campaign Monitor

Gather news links and clips of all Shelton clients; help us stay on top of the overall client landscape

Maintain Shelton Group social media

Creative

Digital

Research

Participate in creative brainstorming sessions and assist with campaign development Observe the pre-production process as we get ads ready for production I

Work with creative vendors

Work to segment Shelton Group database.for targeted marketing Assist with social media campaigns

Blog/website admin duties i.e. {updating duplicate meta descriptions, assign correct authors to legacy blog posts, etc.)

Reporting & Google analytics training Manage contacts in database

Schedule meetings for research / set up WebEx's Participate in research scheduling meeting Attend presentation webinars

Assist with secondary research needs

Update online materials and reports for clients

What does it take to become a Shelton Group Fellow?

A Shelton Group fellow is a Senior in the last semester of his/her undergraduate work who truly has a desire to learn, and is positive, passionate, curious, courageous and authentic. We value creative problem solving and commitment and we constantly strive to improve and be better - individually and collectively-- so our Fellows embody those values as well.

Further, a Shelton Group Fellow is a leader who is committed to doing something with his/her career that benefits the greater good, using his/her excellent communications skills to make the world better.

How do you apply?

ADPR Jobs / Internships Listserv Footer Graphic

To unsubscribe from the ADPRJOBS list, click the following link:
https://listserv.utk.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=ADPRJOBS