Dear Colleagues:
The GRC is collaborating with several other groups in the organization of the  the First Global Amphibian and Reptile Disease Conference (GARD) Conference that will take place next year (4-10 August 2022) in Knoxville, Tennessee, USA. Please see the full add below.

The GRC Board.

I wanted to make you aware of a herpetofauna disease conference that we’re planning next year (4-10 August 2022) in Knoxville, Tennessee, USA.  Here is a “Save the Date” notice:  https://utconferences.eventsair.com/gard-conference .  The tiny URL for the conference is:  https://tiny.utk.edu/GARD22 , which will be updated monthly with details, including a call for abstracts and registration portal. The goal of the conference is to bring together scientists from across the globe to discuss various amphibian and reptile diseases, organize facilitated discussions on the similarities and differences among herp host-pathogen systems, and identify adaptive disease management strategies considering available research.  We also plan to provide professional development workshops and field trips. Participation can be in person or online.  For in-person participation, we hope to provide travel grants for students, early career professionals, and individuals with limited financial resources.

Our goal is to attract a diversity of participants from multiple countries, so please distribute this announcement widely!  Those that are interested in participating should check the website periodically for updates.  A call for presentation abstracts and workshop proposals will occur in early 2022.