Thank you two,
and wishing everyone a great holiday season whether snow or flowers are
outside your window, the GRC is truly international.
David

On Mon, Dec 20, 2021 at 1:35 PM Jacques Robert <
[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Dear Colleagues of the Global Ranavirus Consortium (GRC),
>
> It is our pleasure to annouce that the new GRC executive board is now
> complete with all regional representativea. As such, we would like to wish
> you all safe, restful and peaceful holidays as well as a Happy New Year
> 2022.
> The main objective of the GRC executive board for this coming year will be
> to play an active role in the organization of the First Global Amphibian
> and Reptile Disease (GARD) conference, which will be held in Knoxville TN
> from 19-25 June 2022. This will be a major task for us, and we encourage
> all of you GRC members and any/all researchers interested in
> ranavirus-related studies to participate in this event. For the success of
> our consortium, it is crucial to have a broad, diverse and substantial
> representation of ranavirus research at this GARD conference, which in turn
> will contribute to the success of this conference.
> To achieve this, we need the help of each and every GRC member. So, please
> distribute this announcement widely!
>  The GARD conference will accommodate both in-person and virtual (zoom)
> presentations. Multiple virtual and in-person workshops as well as field
> trips are currently being planned. The GRC board is also working with other
> organizations on fundraising to provide travel awards for students.
> A call for presentation abstracts and workshop proposals will occur in
> early 2022. As with previous conferences, GRC members will receive a
> discount for the GARD conference registration. So, we encourage and welcome
> anyone interested to become a new GRC member by registering at the GRC
> website (http://www.ranavirus.org).
> As for current GRC member, please do not forget to renew your GRC
> membership. It can be paid online at the GRC website (
> http://www.ranavirus.org).
> Finally, the GARD organizing committee and the GRC welcome any suggestions
> for workshops and scientific topics to include in the conference
> proceedings.
>
> Sincerely and on behalf of the GRC board,
>

> Jacques Robert                  &               Leon Grayfer
>

> EXECUTIVE BOARD MEMBERS
>
> DIRECTOR
> Dr. Jacques Robert, PhD
>
> ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR
> Dr. Leon Grayfer, PhD [log in to unmask]
>
> PAST DIRECTOR
> Dr. Thomas B. Waltzek, DVM, PhD
>
> SECRETARY-TREASURER
> Dr. Joe Mihaljevic, PhD
>
> WEBMASTER
> Dr. Danna Schock, PhD, P.Biol [log in to unmask]
>
> HONORARY ADVISOR
> Dr. V. Gregory (Greg) Chinchar, PhD
>
> REGIONAL REPRESENTATIVES
> Africa
> Dr. Jessica Briner, PhD
> Asia
> Dr. Preeyanan Sriwanayos, PhD
> Australia
> Dr. Wytamma Wirth, PhD
> Europe
> Dr. Eva-Stina Edholm, PhD
> [...]

"It takes all the running you can do to keep in the same place."

Dr. David Lesbarrères, Full Professor / Professeur titulaire
Genetic & Ecology of Amphibians Research Group (GEARG)
Adjunct in the Department of Biology - Laurentian University

935 Ramsey Lake Road, Sudbury, Ontario P3E 2C6, Canada
<https://maps.google.com/?q=935+Ramsey+Lake+Road,+Sudbury,+Ontario+P3E+2C6,+Canada&entry=gmail&source=g>
phone: 705- <7056751151>677-9124, @sudburyfrog

--

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE <https://laurentian.ca/confidentiality> - AVIS:
COURRIEL CONFIDENTIEL. You can view the confidentiality terms at