Dear Geography/Sustainability Students:

I will teach GEOG 509 (Space, Place, Time and Human Dynamics) course at 2:50 - 4:05 PM on Tuesdays and Thursdays in Spring 2022.  Have you heard Time Geography that integrates time and space together to study human activities?  Do you know the difference between space and place in geographic studies?  Do you know we can conceptualize space as well as place in various ways to address different kinds of geographic problems?  Furthermore, human dynamics are related to many major challenges (e.g., climate change, sustainable development, pandemic and public health, social equity) that the world is facing today.  If you are interested in these questions, come and join the GEOG 509 class in Spring 2022!

This course is designed to bring together students with an interest in human/urban/social/environmental/sustainable perspectives and students with an interest in geospatial science to learn how they can enrich each other's research. This class will engage students through readings, groups discussions, and a project.  Some understanding of GIS (e.g., GEOG 311) will be helpful, but no prior knowledge of GIS technical skills is expected in this course.  Senior undergraduate students are welcome to join this class.  I am attaching a flyer for your information.  Please feel free to contact me at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> if you have questions or need additional information.

Enjoy the break & Happy holidays!

All the best,

Shih-Lung