From: Leslie Acton via AAG Knowledge Communities <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Friday, December 3, 2021 12:34 PM
To: Roman-Rivera, Mayra A <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [Coastal & Marine] : Recruiting Masters student in ocean and coastal governance

APOLOGIES FOR CROSSPOSTING Dear colleagues, Please share the following position with your networks and anyone that might be interested. ... -posted to the "Coastal and Marine" community
Association of American Geographers

Coastal and Marine

Recruiting Masters student in ocean and coastal governance
Reply to Group Reply to Sender
Leslie Acton
Dec 3, 2021 12:34 PM
Leslie Acton

APOLOGIES FOR CROSSPOSTING

Dear colleagues,

Please share the following position with your networks and anyone that might be interested.

I am recruiting for a graduate student (Masters) in ocean and coastal governance at the University of Southern Mississippi's Gulf Coast Research Lab beginning in the Fall of 2022. The student will be fully funded for 2 years as a Research Assistant. Successful applicants will have a background in conducting original research, and hold a Bachelor's degree in geography, environmental studies, or a related human dimensions field. Experience/interest in political ecology, critical or human geography, common-pool resource theory, and/or qualitative social science methods are a plus. Potential research topics include (but are not limited to): governance of coastal change and resilience, particularly in the Gulf of Mexico; politics of high seas governance; and the social and political impacts of hazards in marine and coastal systems/communities. See my website (www.leslieacton.com) for more detail and to see whether our interests fit broadly.  Interested applicants should contact me at [log in to unmask] by Wednesday, January 12, 2022 with:

  1. A brief explanation (2-3 paragraphs) of your background, general research interests, and why you want to pursue graduate work
  2. Your CV

Best wishes,

Leslie Acton, Ph.D.

Assistant Professor

She/Her/Hers

Division of Coastal Sciences

University of Southern Mississippi

703 East Beach Drive

Ocean Springs, MS 39564

Phone: 228-818-8828

https://leslieacton.com

  Reply to Group Online   View Thread   Recommend   Forward

Discussions in this forum are subject to the Community Code of Conduct (https://community.aag.org/codeofconduct)

You are subscribed to "Coastal and Marine" as [log in to unmask] To change your subscriptions, go to My Subscriptions. To unsubscribe from this community discussion, go to Unsubscribe.