FYI, looks like a great opportunity for a recent graduate or graduating senior.

MC

From: Douglas R. Oeser <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, December 8, 2021 3:20 PM
To: Camponovo, Michael <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Job Opportunity: Crime Analyst

You don't often get email from [log in to unmask]. Learn why this is important

Mr. Camponovo

My name is Douglas Oeser and I am the Crime Analysis Supervisor for the Asheville Police Department. I'm reaching out to you because APD is hiring a new Crime Analyst and I was hoping that you or another faculty member might know a few GIS students that might be interested in this position. The position is primarily a support role for law enforcement operations, but it also allows for exciting opportunities to address public safety directly through the presentation of public data to various committees and special interest groups. And this position heavily relies upon GIS experience. If you know of any students that might be interested, would you please pass along the following information? And if you have any questions, whether about the position or public safety in general, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Job Description: The Asheville Police Department is seeking an experienced Crime Analyst. The purpose of this position is to help the City proactively anticipate and predict crime based on evidence-based policing. This employee will perform analytical and technical work in support of activities in the police department, including research activities involved in the collection, analysis and dissemination of crime and other intelligence information and data, designed to enhance the effectiveness of law enforcement resources, programs and performance measures. This work involves qualitative and quantitative analysis of crime data and intelligence information from various departmental databases and other law enforcement agencies and organizations.

·  Full-Time 37.5 hours per week

·  Typical hours are Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm

·  Hiring Rate: $21.51 - $22.59/hour

Douglas Oeser

Data Accountability & Crime Analysis Supervisor

Asheville Police Department

Office: (828) 271-6117

* CAU webpage is only viewable by APD sworn personnel