---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Ismee Williams <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Date: Thu, Nov 4, 2021 at 10:12 AM
Subject: [abfd] Latinx Kidlit Book Festival Dec 9-10th school and library outreach
To: Book Festival Directors <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>

Good morning wonderful book festival directors!

The Latinx Kidlit Book Festival needs help letting schools and libraries know about our FREE, virtual Dec 9-10th festival and all the free content we are offering for educators and students. Would you mind sharing this announcement<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/docs.google.com/document/d/1u_hutH1h6LB_xzaatEvoLSfnFPlpf-ybSnAoqBprdoM/edit?usp=sharing__;!!PRtDf9A!4G4gQmxMimsIwM3rKAAmpAlvJX9RZHiCMh7djXmPH6lU0dKSnqQZCeE00XWeF96SA7ZI$> with any local school/library resources you might have?

Here are links to our graphics for IG<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/drive.google.com/drive/folders/1RYIoDG1PybxLejHuQ8IxT0JrIzL1X7HU?usp=sharing__;!!PRtDf9A!4G4gQmxMimsIwM3rKAAmpAlvJX9RZHiCMh7djXmPH6lU0dKSnqQZCeE00XWeF3xtYeoA$>, Twitter<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/drive.google.com/drive/folders/1yzBEE6j_K_RwaGHl4bAmrfycgqvJrxke?usp=sharing__;!!PRtDf9A!4G4gQmxMimsIwM3rKAAmpAlvJX9RZHiCMh7djXmPH6lU0dKSnqQZCeE00XWeF9bVnyME$>, FB<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/drive.google.com/drive/folders/1bDMgScE0Xk6-enG4FyKgBjgsK8N4JV1L?usp=sharing__;!!PRtDf9A!4G4gQmxMimsIwM3rKAAmpAlvJX9RZHiCMh7djXmPH6lU0dKSnqQZCeE00XWeF5TBniYp$> as well as posters<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/drive.google.com/drive/folders/1TMBeUl2_3CtjQwxE-RTlmyzIjubxnrau?usp=sharing__;!!PRtDf9A!4G4gQmxMimsIwM3rKAAmpAlvJX9RZHiCMh7djXmPH6lU0dKSnqQZCeE00XWeF1R-eJsE$> that can be printed out and hung in schools and libraries.

If any of you would like to formalize the good will arrangement of mutually promoting one another, we have a Community Partner option. This would allow us to post your logo on our website and thank you with graphics on social media and during the festival. And you get a cool badge to display on your website! Anyone interested can fill out our Community Partner form<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/latinxkidlitbookfestival.wufoo.com/forms/zoduoki1khzq1e/__;!!PRtDf9A!4G4gQmxMimsIwM3rKAAmpAlvJX9RZHiCMh7djXmPH6lU0dKSnqQZCeE00XWeF_aXbbsD$>. Given we are nationwide and that our audience is schools and libraries, I don't think we are in direct competition with any of you!

More about the LKBF: Sessions are geared toward all schools, educators, students and book lovers, not just those identifying as Latinx. We designed the LKBF to serve as a virtual field trip for teachers and librarians, many of whom are still facing challenges due to the pandemic. Content will be available for students preK-12th grade and beyond!

Festival panels have been created in collaboration with teachers and educators, including members of the National Council of Teachers of English<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/ncte.org/__;!!PRtDf9A!4G4gQmxMimsIwM3rKAAmpAlvJX9RZHiCMh7djXmPH6lU0dKSnqQZCeE00XWeF2wiKkrM$> (NCTE) Latinx Caucus. This year, in addition to our regular panels featuring PB, MG, YA, Graphic novel and poetry authors and illustrators, we will offer sessions about the CRAFT of writing and illustrating kidlit books. We will offer content in Spanish, perfect for ESL as well as Spanish language classrooms. We also have a special career-day panel with editors and agents who will introduce students to jobs in the book-making business.

Programming is meant to educate, entertain, and be a resource for schools, teachers, and librarians across the globe.

How to Watch: The festival will be streamed live on the Latinx Kidlit Book Festival YouTube channel<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.youtube.com/channel/UCmywyoJl05eI-mmE5syafnw__;!!PRtDf9A!4G4gQmxMimsIwM3rKAAmpAlvJX9RZHiCMh7djXmPH6lU0dKSnqQZCeE00XWeF2pnncYC$> on December 9-10, 2021. Sessions may be safely streamed into classrooms worldwide, and shared with students using an educator’s account. A live-chat option will allow students to engage with LKBF authors and illustrators. All content will be recorded and available even after the live festival concludes. A hearing impaired option will also be available.

Educator resources: We have numerous educator resources on our website right now including author/illustrator Flipgrid videos, craft video mini-lessons, educator guides, and a Latinx Kidlit book database searchable by age-range, theme, country of origin, etc for that educator who is looking for the perfect book for a specific student. We also will host a special educator-only session on Wed, Dec 8th in collaboration with NCTE and Disrupt Text's Lorena Germán, the purpose of which is to discuss ways to incorporate diverse books into classrooms and libraries. This would be ideal for any required DEI professional development.

Thank you everyone for considering this! As this is only our second year, we are still very much in the 'start-up' phase of development. This year we incorporated as a non-profit and are in the process of filing with the IRS for 501(c)(3) status. Needless to say, my learning curve is quite steep!

Ismée

--
Ismée Williams (she/her)

Author of THIS TRAIN IS BEING HELD out NOW!

"A charming urban romance...We root for these young lovers — the self-conscious poet with the killer fastball and the shy ballerina who would take a bullet for those she loves — as they learn to let their guards down and be more honest with each other, and with themselves. When their story rolls into its final stop we’re sad the ride is over but delighted we caught this train."
-NYTimes Book Review

Read more at IsmeeWilliams.com<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.ismeewilliams.com/__;!!PRtDf9A!4G4gQmxMimsIwM3rKAAmpAlvJX9RZHiCMh7djXmPH6lU0dKSnqQZCeE00XWeFwyU5kfD$>.

[https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1tPKzK3D9tBOtJKNRQoJQjS21xHPtKzYa&revid=0B8PitkWKSf12SkJBdHVtY2svMGtxY0M2L1JEOFBWVlI4VWFZPQ][https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1idUHLHJc8rDxkPeYYdBH4iGoMhgW1-fX&revid=0B8PitkWKSf12Sk40WmJJWGVsMGo1clcxRGRtU204WWhYYk1FPQ]
[https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1WzdC9LJt1MbkFgR6-amkQil3p991HPwx&revid=0B8PitkWKSf12MmhPdGxRaHJoSVJKWWEwdzhERVYzUHB0cXJvPQ]