Good Morning Geographers and Sustainers,

Big thank you to UTK Geography grad Jenny Thompson for sending this GIS Analyst opportunity in Fort Collins, Colorado at CSU our way. If you apply, let me know. I have a good friend in the Civil Engineering department there.

Be sure to keep an eye on websites like LinkedIn and Indeed for job opportunities. I’m seeing a lot of remote positions posted. As of this morning I saw 13 remote GIS jobs with companies ranging from Meta to Ford Motor Company to Harbor Freight Tools. One thing to keep in mind about remote opportunities is that, yes, they are great because you have just as good a chance at getting that job as anyone else, but that’s a two edged sword. You’re now competing with a much larger pool of potential applicants. Don’t be disappointed if you don’t make a lot of progress with these opportunities.

Michael Camponovo

GIS Outreach Coordinator

Geography Department, UT Knoxville

209A Burchfiel Geography Building