Please do not reply to this message. Thank You. To view the archives or join/leave TMG list: http://listserv.utk.edu/archives/tmg.html

Dear Master Gardeners and UT Gardens Members,

I am looking at the possibility of hosting a small ship cruise in and around FIJI in November of 2023. This email is to gauge potential interest at this time to see if this is something I should pursue further. This small, private cruise ship has a total of 34 cabins and I wondering if there might be enough Master Gardeners / UT Garden members to fill the 34 cabins and hold a private cruise of Fiji. If we can fill the ship the company will customize the trip to include more gardens, but in reality, the whole place is a garden. Estimated cost will be approximately $7950 per person and includes round trip air travel from Nashville, land/cruise in Fiji, hotel before the cruise, 23 meals, taxes and more. There would be a single supplement for travelers not sharing a room, but I do not know that amount at this time.

HIGHLIGHTS & INCLUSIONS

·         1 Night Ocean Front Resort - DoubleTree Resort Sonaisali Island

·         7 Nights Fiji Islands Cruise in Outside Cabin Aboard the MV Fiji Princess

·         Half Day Fiji Island Tour including the Garden of the Sleeping Giant Botanical Garden

·         Full Day Excursion at the Malamala Beach Club

·         Maximum of 4 Hours Cruising Per Day Through Calm Sheltered Waters

·         No Overnight Cruising - Every Night is Spent Anchored in a Quiet Calm Bay

·         Onboard and Off Shore Non-Motorized Activities such as Snorkeling, Hiking & Kayaking

·         English Speaking Crew & Cruise Manager with a 100% Fijian Crew

·         23 Meals: 9 Breakfasts, 7 Lunches & 7 Dinners

·         Visit Modriki Island – “Cast Away” Movie Location

·         Soso Bay & Naukacuvu Island

·         Yalobi Bay & Blue Lagoon

·         Visit The Sawa-I-Lau Caves

·         Take Part in a Traditional Kava Ceremony & Village Style Dinner

·         Dinner Under the Stars at Nanuya Lailai Private Beach

·         Drawaqa Island & Local Island School Visit

·         Day Room / Hotel included on Last Day - DoubleTree Resort Sonaisali Island

Accommodations

·         1 Night - DoubleTree Resort Sonaisali Island

·         7 Nights – M.V. Fiji Princess

·         Day Room - DoubleTree Resort Sonaisali Island

Attached, you will find a 3-page rough draft flier that gives you a little more detail. Commitments (i.e. deposits and travel agreements) would likely be taken until April/May of 2022, about 18 months prior to the tour. This is an 11-day, 9-night tour (you lose a day going over and get it back coming home because of the International Date Line). If this is something you would have interest in, please let me know. Please include your name, phone number, city and weather you are a MG, UT Gardens member or both. If enough people are interested that I think we can fill the ship as private Master Gardener/UT Gardens trip, I will move forward.

Happy Fall,

Jason

Jason Reeves

Horticulturist

West TN AgResearch & Education Center

605 Airways Blvd.

Jackson, Tennessee 38301

731-425-4765 Office / 731-424-1643 Office

[log in to unmask] | west.tennessee.edu/ornamentals

[log in to unmask]" alt="https://ag.tennessee.edu/marketing/EmailLogos/ut-gardens_4c.jpg">[log in to unmask]" alt="https://ag.tennessee.edu/marketing/EmailLogos/UT-AGRESEARCH_4c.jpg">

Identify and Control Crapemyrtle Bark Scale

http://west.tennessee.edu/ornamentals/BarkScale.asp

Crapemurder!!! STOP THE CHOP!

Learn more about the proper care of crapemyrtles at:

http://taes.utk.edu/upload/WTREC/CrapeMyrtleCare.pdf

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Did your email address change? Visit http://listserv.utk.edu/archives/tmg.html Remove your old email and add your new email address to continue receiving timely updates. Have you visited the Master Gardener Store? https://web.dii.utk.edu/agstore/c-49-master-gardener.aspx Check out the super comfortable Gardener's Kneeling Pads! To view the archives or join/leave TMG list: http://listserv.utk.edu/archives/tmg.html