Thank you.

From: Tennessee Library Association and other Tennessee librarians <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Sharon Edwards
Sent: Thursday, October 21, 2021 12:45 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [TLA-L] Position Statement on the Censorship of Books in School Libraries in Tennessee

*** This is an EXTERNAL email. Please exercise caution. DO NOT open attachments or click links from unknown senders or unexpected email - STS-Security. ***
Good afternoon, TLA!
In response to the recent attacks on TN school library collections, The Tennessee Library Association's executive board voted yesterday to join the voices of the Tennessee Association of School Librarians, (TASL), the Friends of Tennessee Libraries, (FOTL), and the Tennessee Library Ecosystem Coalition (TLEC) in a joint statement. You may view the joint statement on TLA's website by clicking here<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.tnla.org/news/584210/Position-Statement-on-the-Censorship-of-Books-in-School-Libraries-in-Tennessee.htm__;!!PRtDf9A!6MS0la85k1XJRnvEKLTS3uGFAHtCgRaS-G_uI9-h1rdVfw01wrptVyfUIp91l6YpHw4$>.

For a greater advocacy impact, it is important that we all remain on the same message. Therefore, consider the following as personal ask from me. Should any journalist reach out to you for comment on this issue, please refer them to this joint statement and align any remarks you make with its core message.

Thank you for all that you do in service to our communities. We're all in this together.

All my best,
Sharon Kay Edwards, MSLS
President,  Tennessee Library Association
Policy Corps Member, Cohort II;  American Library Association