Good Morning Geographers and Sustainers – I was looking through the Handshake portal to see what other relevant events are coming up and I am really impressed with everything that Alexis and her team have put together. Here is a short list of just those organizations and industries I’ve heard you all talk about for just October. That’s 12 opportunities in less than one month. There are many, many more.

Be sure to look over the UTK Geography Career Coaching Guide (especially the Talking to People section that starts on page 9) and the UTK Center for Career Development page on Informational Interviews before you attend. You can even use the Learn section of Big Interview with plenty of details on how to prepare for informational interviews (Learn -> Written Curriculum -> Module 4). If you aren’t sure how to translate the skills, knowledge, and experiences you have developed in Geography and Sustainability, I have a 6:34 lecture video from 499 that lays it out for you.

Michael Camponovo

GIS Outreach Coordinator

Geography Department, UT Knoxville

209A Burchfiel Geography Building